Saturday, September 29, 2018

On Proverbs 29

v27 An unjust man is abominable to the righteous,
And he who is upright in the way is abominable to the wicked.

I've seen this proverb proven many times. When someone does the right thing, there are always a chorus of nay-sayers ready to attack. This happens too often in the political arena where many people are righteous in their own eyes. No matter what the opponent does, it seems wicked to them. This reminds me of Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge so that you will not be judged". I have to be careful when I'm classifying something as abominable.

2 comments:

  1. Pro 29:25: “The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.” - This is a good way to evaluate my motives: when I do or say X, is it motivated by my fear of man or my trust in God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to trust in God!

    ReplyDelete