Monday, September 3, 2018

On Proverbs 3

Lots of famous proverbs in this chapter. One of the best is 11-12.

My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not resent his rebuke,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
    as a father the son he delights in.

This one is so much easier to understand once you have been a parent. I am so blessed to have children that responded well to discipline. I remember my Mom telling me that my spanking hurt her worse than it hurt me, but I didn't believe it until I had to spank my kids. Seeing how Tim and Julie responded to getting in trouble used to remind me of this proverb. Discipline is yet another way that God shows how much He loves me.

1 comment:

  1. Prov 3:3 seems to interrupt the discussion on wisdom, but its apparent sidetrip now looks like a promise I’ve not noticed before, that in accepting wisdom from the Lord we also get His “steadfast love and faithfulness” written on our hearts.

    ReplyDelete