Sunday, September 16, 2018

On Proverbs 16

v33 The lot is cast into the lap,
But its every decision is from the Lord.

There is an abundance of wisdom in this chapter. I can see how it would be helpful to read a chapter per day forever. If you just look at one verse, and try to get it to soak in, you would be doing well.

Verse 33 makes me pause to consider choices I am making. I really don't think I'm God's robot, if I were, I wouldn't make so many mistakes. This verse is comforting because I know that God wants to be with me in every decision I make. He wants to guide and direct me. He has given me His word to help me in making the best choices, and that alone is some wonderful guidance. But He has not stopped there. He also gives me His Holy Spirit and access to wise counsel. I like seeing that God loves me enough to be in the middle of decisions I make.

1 comment:

  1. Prov 16: Wisdom moves me away from the hubris end of the hubris-humility scale toward the humility end, recognizing my desperate need for, and more and more resorting to, God’s counsel & help.

    ReplyDelete