Sunday, October 25, 2015

Revelation 3:7-13

Message to Philadelphia
Rev 3:7-13

Key of David – Christ’s total authority – Hezekiah’s servant
Isaiah 22:20-23

I know your deeds. Do you ever think about Jesus knowing your deeds? When does it occur to you that Jesus is watching? Do you think of Him as looking over your shoulder, walking beside you, cheering you on, or like the little angel on your shoulder saying “do right”?
God put an open door in front of the people of the church at Philadelphia. Why does it say He gave them this opportunity? – You have a little power, kept my word, not denied my name.

Several PromisesWhat are they?(I will)
We have lots of opportunities. At work I get invitations every day to attend events. They are always having something for the students and faculty is invited to death. I also get opportunities to do things in the community. I’ve served on the Leadership Texarkana board, I’ve worked with the city staff on an economic impact study, and I served on the Red Cross board for a while. I also have plenty of opportunities to do stuff here at church. There is always something going on that could be considered an opportunity. Question: How can I tell the difference between an opportunity to do something and an open door that Jesus has put in my path?


I think that it helps me choose which opportunities I should take when I remember that Jesus knows my deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment