Sunday, March 22, 2015

Matthew 28 - The Church W4

Making disciples starts when someone places their trust in Christ for salvation. I like to divide “Making disciples” in to two parts: Part 1 – what the Bible says, and Part 2 – How the Bible applies to me.

Part 1 What the Bible says (Roman Road)
1.    Romans 3:23 NKJV – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
2.    Romans 6:23 NKJV – For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3.    Romans 5:8 NKJV – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4.    Romans 10:9-10 NKJV – that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation
5.    Romans 10:13 NKJV – For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
What does a person do once they are saved? – The WORD
6.       Romans 10:17 NKJV – So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Part 2 How this applies to me
1.       My experience in accepting the gift of salvation
2.       What my relationship with God has meant to me (lately)

If you don’t have these basic concepts in mind – get them.
One of my challenges is finding an opportunity to share this message.
How can we find opportunities to share the message of salvation?

There are lots of excuses for avoiding this command. Most of my friends are saved, This topic just never seems to come up in conversation…
What are some of the barriers that keep us from sharing the gospel?

Skipping to V20 – Jesus promises to be with us always. We have Him interceding for us before our Heavenly father (Hebrews 7:25)  and He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us. Why do you think Jesus included this promise along with these commands?

Something very important about this promise to me is that as a teacher, Jesus promises to be with me. I know that doesn’t mean that every one of my words is inspired, but it does mean that I can count on Jesus to guide me and work through me as I teach from his word week by week. On some weeks I can almost sense His presence as we work through a passage of scripture. Sometimes – not so much, but what is important is that opening the word of God (regularly) will increase our faith (Romans 10:17).  So it’s not really my teaching that is important, but the impact that the word has on our faith each week.


Remember – the Lord is with you when you share the gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment